Thursday, April 19, 2012

O2 - College

As of right now, my plans for college are not much. I haven’t applied anywhere, but that’s because my main intentions are to take a year, or possibly just a semester, off. School work and all of the waking up early nonsense has been getting really old, and I believe an extended break off of it all would relieve my mind and would fully prepare myself for a successful first year of college.

To guarantee that a year won’t turn into two or three years, I am making sure that my father makes me do something with my life. Nothing scares me more than becoming a failure in life, and it’s always a reminder to see how hard some people’s lives are because they didn’t take part in the things that could have made them a happy and successful person. I also believe that if I were attending and paying for college, it would only push me to strive for perfection and excellence. I’m not going to pay for something and not try as hard as I could, and same goes with pretty much everything else in life. If you pay for it, you should utilize it to its full potential.

When I go to college, no matter where it is, I hope to major in Accounting. Some may see it as boring, I see it as simple, and the money that comes with it is very assuring. I am currently in Accounting, and it’s safe to say that I am one of the best in the class. Ever since the first day, it has just been so easy to understand for some reason. There are some areas where it’s hard to understand what is going on, but that’s the point of going to college and learning more about it. The hardest part of Accounting is having to go back and find your mistakes, but since this blog is about my college plans, I’ll refrain from ranting about the issues of Accounting.

Obviously I can’t tell the future, so I’m not going to guarantee that these are my plans. One can only hope that their plans will go exactly as they plan, but everybody knows that that is nearly impossible. Life is full of obstacles, and I am more than curious to see where they will land me.

No comments:

Post a Comment