Wednesday, April 25, 2012

P2 - High School Goals

Looking back on my second blog of this class, it’s pretty evident that I didn’t know exactly what senior year was going to bring me. I probably could have strived to accomplish these goals, but senioritis kicked in hard towards the end and definitely held me back from what I truly wanted to accomplish.

“Obviously, I hope to pass the school year without getting below merit roll, because I don’t want to make myself look bad.” Well would you look at that… I already failed myself. I have yet to make merit roll once this year, and there is only one marking period left. I’m sure if I really, really tried to get merit roll every marking period this year, I could have easily done it. Then I found it was much more relaxing to not do your homework all of the time and to enjoy my last year of high school while I could. College would be easier to do well in I think, seeing as that I am actually going to pay for it. If I’m paying for something, I’m going to try and take advantage of it as well as I can. With that said, I don’t think my high school efforts really reflect the person that I could be.

“Another thing that I plan to accomplish throughout this year is not regretting anything.” What I meant by this in other words is, “do whatever the hell I want.” I try not to be a goodie goodie in school, but the one thing that I do want to do at graduation is walk the stage. I don’t want to ruin that opportunity by doing something stupid in school that would probably lose its comedic value within a couple days. If I were to do something, it would have to be something big at the end of the year… something that will be remembered in Alden for a while. As of right now, there isn’t much planned, but there are still 2 months left of school. I’m probably going to get talked to by the “authority” because of this blog, but that won’t change much. I really hope to leave a mark.

“I want to maintain my friends throughout the year, because by now I have the friends that I want and I don’t necessarily need to make any more in school.” I’m proud to say that I have accomplished this goal, and I hope to for the rest of my life. Everybody will have at least a couple friends that will leave a permanent spot in their life, whether they are close as they used to be or not. I know there are a few friends in my life as of right now that I will make sure I am always in contact with. Technology these days will make it nearly impossible to not be able to track them down if I want to find them. I’m sure I will be invited to family parties, weddings, or any other get togethers in the future. I am already looking forward to reminiscing on the past in years to come with my best friends.

“I hope to accomplish this school year is to get a job and get my own car.” Does it count if I accomplished 50% of this goal? I got my first job back in March and I hope to stick with it for a while. Making pizzas and washing dishes isn’t something I want to do for the rest of my life, but as of right now it’s pretty easy money. I’m still working on getting a car, but that’s only because I’m still waiting to get my license. My 6 month mark of having my permit is coming up in May, so the license is soon to come. I suppose that means it’s time to start saving up money so I can afford a decent car that I can be proud of.

“One final thing that I would like to accomplish this year is get back in the weight room and improve my numbers.” This looks kind of corny looking back on it, but there is no doubt that the weight room has been a major part of my life since the beginning of high school. Although I haven’t improved my numbers too much this year, I’m still proud of what I can do. Recently, I haven’t been in the weight room too much because I seem to have lost the motivation. I plan to get a membership at the Blackwater Gym in Alden, because not only is it right down the road, but it an easy way to stay in shape. Being able to go to the gym whenever I want will be nice. I’m so used to the “Monday, Tuesday, Thursday” schedule of working out at the school that it would be quite the switch. I guess life is full of changes though, and it all takes getting used to.

Overall, it’s safe to say that I did not accomplish most of the goals that I planned to in the beginning of the year. I’m not too disappointed, though. The grades that I achieve in senior year are not going to affect where I go in life, so I am not too concerned about that. I really do hope to leave a mark on this district though. I want to be remembered after all that I have done throughout the seven years of being a part of this school. High school would seem pointless if I wasn’t remembered. I may not have joined many clubs or helped in any activities throughout high school and middle school, but I have tried to leave a good impression of myself. I want teachers to remember me as the kid that made people laugh, but still tried hard enough to get through the classes. I might not have the best grades, but I am proud to say that I have made friends with lots of people. I always give people my full attention, no matter who it is. I like to be seen as everybody’s best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment