Monday, April 23, 2012

P1 - Television Usage

When I get home after a long and probably boring day of school, I usually end up doing something other than watching television. By that, I use something else to watch television shows or movies.

I honestly can’t even remember the last time I sat down in my Lazy-Boy recliner to see what was being shown on television. Nowadays, all I need to do is fire up my handy dandy MacBook, and watch some Netflix. Netflix just might be one of the greatest ideas of all time. Even though they may not have the best movies out there, it’s always fun to pick out a new TV show and watch every episode of every season is approximately 2-3 days.

Some of my favorite things to watch on Netflix are Louie, Trailer Park Boys, Breaking Bad, and random documentaries that happen to look interesting. As of right now, I’d have to say that Trailer Park Boys takes the cake on my favorite show to watch, but that’s only because I have watched everything else that looked appealing. If you haven’t got around to watching Trailer Park Boys, I highly advise you to do so because it’s easily the funniest show I have ever watched in my life.

I can’t guarantee how many televisions are actually in my home seeing as I don’t usually use them, but I would have to guess around two or three. There is definitely one in my room and there is definitely one in my living room, but I don’t go anywhere else in my house to watch television so I’m not entirely sure. I don’t see why you would ever need more than three, but I guess that all depends on how many people are living in the house.

The positives definitely out-weigh the negatives when it comes to watching television. Sure, you might not get much exercise watching TV for several hours, but you’re not losing too many calories studying for two to three hours either. No matter what you watch, you are getting some sort of benefit off of it, whether it be useful information, a source of laughter, or an easy way to put yourself to sleep. If you watch the news every single morning, you’d probably be surprised on how caught up you are in the world compared to most people. Nothing is more satisfying than being around a group of individuals and being able to actually partake in a conversation because you know what they’re talking about.

Get educated people, watch some television. Learn, Laugh, and Lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment