Thursday, September 8, 2011

Summer 2011

This past summer I went to Las Vegas. I went in early July because my sister was moving there with her fiancé. She went down there to get a job because she wanted better pay than what she was getting at Lindt Chocolate. Also, she didn't want to deal with the Canadians coming into her store because she worked towards Niagara Falls where the Canadian count is high. While I was there I went on the rides on top of the Stratosphere and that was an experience. There is a ride called the Big Shot. It's a 200 foot tower that has seats on the side of it, and it shoots you up to the top. You are already on top of the Stratosphere, which is 1000 feet tall, so the ride is shooting you up to 1200 feet in the air. I saw the water show at the Bellagio, which is the hotel that was used for the movie "21". It was a pretty cool experience. The drive there was definitely full of memories. We drove there and it took a total of 36 hours, and was about 2200 miles in length. We drove through the Rocky Mountains and through Utah, which was full of deserts and mountains which are always cool to look at. The heat is a whole other story. Right when we entered Nevada, the thermometer in the car said it was 115 degrees out. The heat in the west is a lot more bearable because there is basically no humidity, so it's like sitting in an oven. It's still uncomfortable, though. The first night of driving we had to stop to sleep in a motel, but it was very sketchy. It was in the middle of nowhere, so right off the bat you're getting the wrong idea about the place. The minute I walked in, it looked like a nice place... but looks can be deceiving. My sister is a big germophobic so when we entered our room she was looking for anything to downgrade the place so she could convince my Dad to leave the place. She moved a pillow and on the sheets was a spot of blood, and she freaked out. It was only a little bit, but that is definitely not something you ignore. She went to the main desk and ordered a new pair a sheets and the night went on. We left as early as possible so we could just get out of the place. All in all, it was quite the drive, but it definitely lasted a little too long. 36 hours in a car is something nobody wants to do. Although, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment