Monday, May 21, 2012

R1 - End of the Year

If I were to be asked, “What’s the best part about the end of the school year?” just a year ago, I’d respond by saying, “summer and looking forward to the next school year.” This year is a little different though.

It’s the last month of senior year and I can’t look forward to returning to my favorite teachers and seeing all of my friends. It’s pretty much set in stone that I won’t be seeing 80% of the people I’m used to seeing every single day. Sure, I won’t have to deal with getting in trouble for stupid stuff and worrying about hall passes, but deep down I’m really going to miss this place. Alden Central Schools is basically a second home for me. I have come here five days a week for seven hours eight months out of the year for the past seven years. That’s a lot of time.

Infinite memories have come from the times of high school, and I’m positive that I won’t forget many of them. Memories ranging from getting in trouble for calling a teacher crazy on Facebook to the games of Targetball in gym class. I’ll be reminiscing about these times until I’m sitting in my rocking chair on my front porch. High school is a stage in every person’s life that shapes them to become whoever they want to be in the future. That being said, I feel the need to thank the most influential and respectful teachers of my entire Alden Central School journey:

Mr. MacCowan, Mr. Burkhardt, Mr. Currin, Ms. Siuta, Mr. Erhardt, Mr. Casillo, Mr. Turton, Mr. Foss, and Mr. Matecki. Although I may not be in contact with these teachers as much I could, they still have played a huge role in my voyage of education and guidance. You have all been very respectful to me and have influenced me in many different ways, and you all deserve the best in life for the ways you have assisted me.

I remember walking into Mr. Matecki’s homeroom on the first day of middle school just as much as I remember walking into Mr. Turton’s Web Design class on the first day of freshman year. And now here I am, typing away about how I only have a month left. I don’t regret anything from these last four years of high school, and I truly do wish I could go back in time and just start over with freshman year. Maybe when time machines are invented. For now, I’ll just enjoy the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment