Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Favorite Book

I wouldn’t call myself much of a reader, but I have read enough books in my day to choose a favorite. This might sound cliché, but I have to be the one to say that the most enjoyable book that I have ever read was the third Harry Potter book. I am not much of a reader nowadays, but back when I was in middle school, Harry Potter books were the thing to read. I started reading the books before middle school, but I reread them in 7th grade and actually got an understanding for them. I haven’t read them in a while now, the only stuff I read nowadays are the things that are mandatory for school. I read articles and news and stuff, but I never feel the urge to pick up a random book and read it. I don’t feel that not reading is doing me any harm or affecting me in any way, because it’s not like I need to pick up any new vocabulary. I can already speak the English language well enough. Reading would be doing me nothing beneficially, especially if I don’t even want to read. Recently, I have been reading a lot of Cracked articles. Cracked is a website that provides articles about random things, but actually provides factual information. The best part about it is that they put a comedy spin on in, so you can actually enjoy it while you’re reading if it’s a topic that you’re not interested in. One example of a cracked article is “The 7 Dumbest Ideas of 2011”, then gives 7 things that are considered dumb to society, and describes them with comedy. They can make you laugh at loud at times, and provides you with information that you can tell to other people because the information is actually true. I suggest you check out the website because you will find yourself looking at the website every day for a new article.

No comments:

Post a Comment