Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thanksgiving Traditions

Thanksgiving is one of the most anticipated holidays throughout the year and everybody looks forward to the food. On the day before Thanksgiving and the day of, I don’t eat anything so I can eat as much as possible when the dinner comes around and then pass out. Every year I go to my grandparent’s house, and everybody else in the family goes as well. Everybody brings their own food that they are good at making, and they share with everybody else. Before we start eating though, we usually play games like the Wii or Apples to Apples. It always gets competitive, especially when I face my brother in anything. We usually play cards too and we have money in the middle so whoever wins gets all of the money. We sit in the same spot every year when we start eating. Since everybody makes the same food every year, we know exactly what to expect from people and that’s the best because you might have a favorite thing that somebody makes and you know that they are going to make it. My personal favorite is my Aunt’s cheesy potatoes, but let’s not go there. There isn’t much else to say about my Thanksgiving traditions because the main focus of Thanksgiving is the food and nothing else. The weather isn’t usually good enough to do anything outside, but if the weather is good enough we usually go outside and play dodge ball or Kan Jam. Once everybody is done eating and everything is said and done, we leave to go home. I’m obviously stuffed at this point, and all I want is a good, undisturbed slumber. I pass out a lot earlier than normal on Thanksgiving, for obvious reasons. Thanksgiving definitely is not my favorite holiday throughout the year, but I do look forward to in these next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment