Monday, October 31, 2011

Favorite Holiday

There are not too many holidays throughout the year that you actually celebrate with all of your family, but out of the ones that I do, I would have to say that Christmas is the greatest holiday of all. All of your siblings come home and you get free presents, nothing beats it. I open up all of my presents on Christmas Eve at night, and then deal with everything in the morning. It makes it easier to sleep at night, and since everybody is already home, you may as well open up the presents that are there. The dinner on Christmas is one of the best as well. Eating ham with the whole family is such a good feelings and knowing that everybody around you is happy only makes you happier. Another positive to Christmas means that there is snow outside, and that means ice hockey. I started playing hockey with my friends at the park a few years ago and it’s always been fun. One of the greatest parts of Christmas is the break off of school. It’s about a week off of school and it’s nice to just relax and not have to worry about homework all of the time. Once Christmas is over, you know the New Year is right around the corner and it’s a whole other chance to set goals for yourself and have another chance at things that you didn’t get to do the year before. Christmas is going to be here in a little less than 2 months and I have no clue what I want for Christmas. It seems that the older you get, the less you really want to get anything big. Giving to others starts to become more important than getting the presents. This year I am going to focus on giving people presents rather than expecting people to give me presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment