Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Post-High school Plans

Even though it’s only October, I can already tell that I am going to miss high school as soon as it’s gone. It’s the place where you can socialize with your friends and learn. You don’t see half the kids you see in school over the summer. That’s one thing I have learned to appreciate about school. You get to see everybody, every single day. Unfortunately, it has to come to end. I’m not entirely sure of my plan yet, but I think I have an idea of what I want to do. Accounting is coming really easy to me compared to most of the kids in my class, and I think I might want to go somewhere with that. I want to get all of my basic classes done at ECC or GCC and save up enough money to get to a decent college and get a degree in Accounting. I don’t have the best grades in the world, but I think that if I get a good enough grade on my SAT’s, that will show that I do have the wits to do whatever I want to do. I still need to find a job so I can start saving up some money. My total income is zero at this moment which obviously isn’t a very good start. I also have to start saving up some money so I can make my sister’s wedding in Jamaica in August. According to my sister, I have to save up $1900 dollars which is going to be quite the challenge if I want to have a good time with my friends without wasting too much money. I’m sure there are more kids out there that have their future more planned out than I do, but that doesn’t matter to me. I’ll be fine with whatever I happen to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment