Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Favorite Class

Senior year has fewer classes than all of the other years, so it’s much easier to choose a favorite class. Out of all of my classes, I would have to say my favorite class is, without a doubt, Online Publishing. The first and main reason behind my decision is because Mr. Rob Currin is the teacher. He is the easiest going teacher throughout the school and he makes the class fun by keeping a smile on everyone’s face. Also, the things we do in the class are relatable to you in real life. You have to write blogs that actually relate to you rather than having to do research on different things and trying to find information on different people. This makes the class much easier and you don’t have to worry about getting a topic that you don’t know about. Another good part about the class is that you write articles for the school newspaper, and everybody gets to see your published work. The thing that I write about each week is called “Teacher Feature”, and I choose a teacher each week to interview about their life and what they enjoy about teaching. Not only do kids get to learn about some of their favorite teachers, but teachers get recognized and noticed. These kinds of things can really boost a teacher’s confidence and make their day that much better. It makes me feel good that I can make a teacher’s day, because not only will they respect me, but then I will be a remembered student. Nobody wants to be the kid in school that isn’t remembered by anybody. You want to be able to visit the school in years to come and still be able to have a conversation with any teacher and bring back memories. Those are several reasons on why I enjoy my Online Publishing class so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment