Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Resolution

It’s the New Year, and with a New Year comes millions, if not billions of New Year’s resolutions. Most turn out as failures, and are just attempted again in the next year. But for the people who actually try to achieve their goals, a resolution can be seen as motivation. With that, one thing that I would like to achieve this year would be to get a decent paying job, and be able to pay for my own car and get my own weekly paycheck. I don’t want to have to rely on my parents like how I have been for the past 17 years of my life. Not only will this resolution make me feel good about myself, it will also take a lot of stress of my parent’s shoulders because they won’t have to constantly worry or expect me to ask them for 10 dollars to I can go Tim Hortons. I can actually go out with my friends at night and be able to pay for own stuff with having the thought in the back of my head that I am going to have to pay the money back in the future. Another reason why I want to get a decent paying job is because I feel me it will make me more mature and ready for the real world, whenever that time comes. I recently applied to the new Tim Hortons shop that opened up in Alden, but they have yet to call me. I went there yesterday and apparently they are still hiring, so I’m just hoping for the best. My Dad has been constantly nagging at me to get a job, so clearly he is getting sick of me constantly asking for money whenever I go out for the night. That’s his job though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment