Monday, January 30, 2012

J3 - Favorite Band

There are many bands out there in the hopes of being seen and liked by people, but not many succeed. Most people these days are fans of big name bands that advertise themselves a lot, but that’s a different story for me. I prefer listening to the music that nobody else listens to, because then I know I’m not just like everybody else. My favorite band as of right now would have to be the Avett Brothers. Odds are you have never heard of them, but they are and up and coming band. There are getting more and more popular due to the recent deals with CMT and being named an Artist of the Year by them. I wouldn’t’ call them a country band, but they are more of a bluegrass and country mix. They don’t sound anything like Toby Keith or any of those well-known country singers. If you ever want to check out to see what they sound like, my most preferred songs by them are Laundry Room, Murder in the City, Paranoia in Bb Major, and Tear down the House. One band that they could be compared to to give you a better idea of what they sound like would be Mumford and Sons. They both have more of a country-ish sound, but they don’t overdo it. I have seen them in concert four times, making it five this upcoming April. It’s always a good show, which is another reason I like to see them. Most kids these days are big fans of rap, and rap concerts don’t even compare to artists that have true talent. They have something new to show to their audience every show, but for rappers it’s the same thing every time. If you’re looking for a good band to listen to with true talent, I highly advise giving them a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment