Wednesday, March 7, 2012

M2 - Texting and Driving

I am not one that would defend the right to text and drive, because I find it unreasonable and impossible. There is no possible way you can completely focus on a text message while you are focusing on driving and keeping out of harm’s way. Every time I’m in the car with somebody and I see them attempting to text somebody back while they are behind the wheel, I grab the phone from them. I’m not going to name names, but there is one individual in my grade who has the habit of texting and driving all of the time. Whenever I am in the car with him, I usually text people back for him rather than him attempting to do more than one thing at a time, especially while driving. I just recently started driving, and I’ll be the one to say that I don’t really see how it is possible to accomplish such a feat with good results. I can see texting at a red light or waiting for a train to pass, but during driving and turning seems like a very risky thing to do, and can very much risk the lives of others. I don’t believe statistics are very necessary to get my opinion across, seeing as there are going to be about 2 people who even read this entire thing. Seems like a wasted effort. Lots of people die because of texting and driving and that’s as simple as that. It is obviously something that shouldn’t be done, and there is that infamous ad by AT&T that depicts the result of texting and driving. Unfortunately, there are still kids out there that are not affected by the ads that attempt to change your mind, but they still text and drive anyways. Some people these days seem impossible to make them do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment